Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 15-20 min
1 cup self raising flour
½ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
¼ cup cricket powder
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
115g margarine spread
½ cup (80g) sultanas
¼ cup mixed peel
1/3 cup (75g) raw sugar
12 whole crickets (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 2000
- Sift flours, cricket powder and baking powder into a bowl, then transfer into a food processor. Add margarine and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and fruit and pulse until just combined.
- Add in the eggs and pulse until it forms a dough.
- Place 3 cm mounds on a baking tray lined with baking paper, allowing space for each to spread. Press a whole cricket gently into the top of each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, then allow to cool